Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Lazy Review: Perfectly Toxic (The Sterling Shore Series Book 9) by C.M. Owens



Title: Perfectly Toxic (The Sterling Shore Series Book 9)
Author: C.M. Owens
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5 Lazy Books


Synopsis:

BELLA

New life. New job. New home. New goals...
I vowed to make drastic changes and to never fall back into old habits. But then Ethan Noles showed up and blew all my good intentions to hell. I should have stayed away. I shouldn't have played his game.

But I did.
Now I just hope I don't regret it.

ETHAN

Bella is the type of girl you can't help but chase, because she doesn't want to be caught. I came back ready to live and enjoy life. Not to get tethered to a girl. But... shit happens. Bella happens. And everything I thought I wanted slowly changes.



“A writer is, after all, only half his book. The other half is the reader and from the reader the writer learns.” 
― P. L. Travers



My Lazy Thoughts:

Once again, C.M. Owens didn't disappoint. Just when I thought no one would top my main man Kode Sterling, Ethan Noles came along. Boy, did he come!

Perfectly Toxic is so far the most emotional book in the Sterling Shore series. I was laughing and crying throughout the book. It was that awesome.

One thing I love about C.M.'s characters is how three-dimensional they are. They are always fleshed out you'd want them to be your friends in real life.  And they're never perfect. Which makes their journey to personal growth all the more compelling.

Bella is the kind of heroine I love to read about. She's strong, but sweet. Stubborn, but levelheaded. AND she was no doormat. She refused to take shit from Ethan. You go, girl!

There were times when I wanted to punch Ethan in the face (He's an unapologetic asshole, after all). But there were also moments when I just wanted to hug him to make it better, especially in that one scene near the end of the book. He's not just an asshole, he's adorable too.

Now, their chemistry was off-the-charts, fan-yourself hot. And here I thought Kode and Tria were the horniest couple. lol

Of course, this book wouldn't be complete without the other crazy characters from the series. I love revisiting the other couples and reading about the development in their relationships. And I'm looking to see more of Ethan's mom in the future. She's absolutely hilarious!

Perfectly is hella long and I loved it! Definitely unputdownable!

No comments:

Post a Comment