Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lazy Review: Kicked by Celia Aaron


Title: Kicked
Author: Celia Aaron
Genre: New Adult/College Romance
Rating: 4 Lazy Books


Synopsis:

Trent Carrington.
Trent Mr. Perfect-Has-Everyone-Fooled Carrington.

He’s the star quarterback, university scholar, and happens to be the sexiest man I’ve ever seen. He shines at any angle, and especially under the Saturday night stadium lights where I watch him from the sidelines. But I know the real him, the one who broke my heart and pretended I didn’t exist for the past two years.

I’m the third-string kicker, the only woman on the team and nothing better than a mascot. Until I’m not. Until I get my chance to earn a full scholarship and join the team as first-string.

The only way I'll make the cut is to accept help from the one man I swore never to trust again. The problem is, with each stolen glance and lingering touch, I begin to realize that trusting Trent isn’t the problem. It’s that I can’t trust myself when I’m around him.



“Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.” 
― Gustave Flaubert




My Lazy Thoughts:

Although I love a sports romance, I don't care much about the sport itself, especially when authors get into descriptive details. Usually, I skip through the pages.

But this author's writing style kept me hooked. I found myself reading every scene regarding football. I was even rooting for Cordy to give it her best shot, especially at the end.

Now, Cordy and Trent have a great chemistry. They're hot when they're together, and considering the book belongs to the NA genre, the sex scenes are hella steamy. They're also descriptive and drawn out, so if you're squeamish about that, I say this book is not for you (As for me, well, no complaints whatsoever!).

Just one thing about the book I didn't like. I found the conflict a little soap opera-ish, what with the rich parents-disapproving-of-the-poor-girl trope, and the over-protective-best-friend angle. But it all worked in the end, so....

All in all, Kicked by Celia Aaron is a pretty good read. Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment